Views migration, Silverlight ,Impovements

Apr 19, 2010 at 3:06 PM

1       Again About Views.   

How about such problems?  Are  these bugs or no ? When are you going to solve problem

1.1 Tool  ignore Views with such code:

SELECT dbo.V_LDS3_Expositor.Id_Ekspositor, dbo.V_LDS3_Expositor.ID_Construction, dbo.V_LDS3_ConstructionTypSpec.Construction,                dbo.V_LDS3_ConstructionTypSpec.PanelCount FROM  dbo.V_LDS3_Expositor INNER JOIN               dbo.V_LDS3_ConstructionTypSpec ON dbo.V_LDS3_Expositor.ID_Construction = dbo.V_LDS3_ConstructionTypSpec.ID_Construction

-- here I use another view inside first

1.2 Tool  ignore Views with such code:

SELECT TOP (100) PERCENT dbo.crs_Route.ID_Route, dbo.crs_Route.Dt, dbo.crs_Route.Flag_Approved, dbo.crs_Route.Id_TrRepres,                dbo.crs_TrRepres.Description AS TrRepresName, dbo.crs_Route.Description AS RouteDescription,                ISNULL(dbo.V_LDS2_RouteMeetingsCount.MeetingCount, 0) AS MeetingCount, dbo.GetFriendlyDate(dbo.crs_Route.Dt, 1, 1, 1, 0, 'ru') AS FriendlyDate,                'Неделя ' + CAST(DATEPART(ww, dbo.crs_Route.Dt) AS varchar) AS WeekFROM  dbo.crs_TrRepres INNER JOIN               dbo.crs_Route ON dbo.crs_TrRepres.Id_TrRepres = dbo.crs_Route.Id_TrRepres LEFT OUTER JOIN               dbo.V_LDS2_RouteMeetingsCount ON dbo.crs_Route.ID_Route = dbo.V_LDS2_RouteMeetingsCount.ID_RouteORDER BY dbo.crs_Route.Dt

-- here i Use ScalarFunction inside sp

2 About Silverlight  i'd want tell next:

I've found that i can't use  DTO project for my Silverlight 3 purpose, because Silverlight  has no  [Serializable()] attribute realization.But Silverlight have XMLSerialization instead of [Serializable()]  .Of courcse it's not a problem to modify template for custom usings. 

So I suggest you to include new official DTO template with support for silverlight. Code template you can use from other tool that generates classes from xsd entities - XSD2Code. Codeplex host this project too. This tool has serialization support  in Silverlight. 

3 How about the  same template generationg options( For example Use  Serializable / use LoadFile/ use CustomCollection  )  as XSD2Code give you before generate code template - so we need'not to make another custom generator.

Apr 20, 2010 at 9:03 AM

Also i found that  VIews with numeric fields can't be import

Coordinator
Apr 20, 2010 at 3:30 PM

please send your database schema to chrisd@nhydrate.org. I would like to import it and try to work through whatever issues you are having.

Apr 20, 2010 at 7:40 PM

guys i have error with  sending letter to chrisd@nhydrate.org. I sent letter to you from my gmail.com. 

Apr 21, 2010 at 2:51 AM

For example you can try import with such db sheme:

----------

--Table:

----------

CREATE TABLE [dbo].[crs_Panel]( [ID_Panel] [char](7) COLLATE Cyrillic_General_CI_AS NOT NULL, [Width] [numeric](5, 2) NULL, [Height] [numeric](5, 2) NULL, [Depth] [numeric](10, 1) NULL, [Weight] [numeric](10, 4) NULL, CONSTRAINT [PK_crs_Panel] PRIMARY KEY CLUSTERED ( [ID_Panel] ASC)WITH (PAD_INDEX  = OFF, STATISTICS_NORECOMPUTE  = OFF, IGNORE_DUP_KEY = OFF, ALLOW_ROW_LOCKS  = ON, ALLOW_PAGE_LOCKS  = ON) ON [PRIMARY]) ON [PRIMARY]
GO

----------

----View:

----------

CREATE VIEW [dbo].[V_LDS3_Panel] AS SELECT     ID_Panel, Width, Height, Depth, Weight FROM  dbo.crs_Panel

Coordinator
Apr 21, 2010 at 2:12 PM

This has been identified. The import will be fixed on the next version in a day or two. Numeric types will be converted to Decimal types since the .NET "SqlDbType" does not support numeric.  As far as I can tell these types are functionally equivalent, so this should not be a big deal. I have test inserted some records and all the generated code and stored procedures seem to work just fine no matter the type decimal or numeric on the actual server. Look for an update soon.

Apr 23, 2010 at 5:20 AM

Ok I Understand about numeric type problem.

It'll be great  approvement to make possible the import of View Inside another View. Do you Have such problem? What you can advice me to solve this problem - or only use sub SELECT operator instead of View?

If it's difficult to make code for many levels of View including,  may be you shold then set deep level to 2 only.

Is it possible to import View Inside another View?

Apr 27, 2010 at 10:10 AM

Guys please tell something about placing View Inside another View  feature? Is it  only my problem? Somebody who leads this project ((((((!!!!!!!! say something

Coordinator
Apr 27, 2010 at 1:29 PM

We still have to look at this. view inside of a view. My first impression is this not an insurmountable issue but I will need to research it a little more. We have been focusing on getting the 2010 version out. Now that is done and we will start to look into this issue.