Views not exposed to Services??

May 7, 2010 at 4:17 AM

I've generated my first view. It only generated objects in the DAL.  What about the DTO and the services? Have you simply not got to it yet in the dev schedule, or is there a reason for its exclusion?

My app uses the WCF proxy. Do I simply create DataTransfer, IOCExtension, Service Interface, WCF Proxy and WCF Service classes similar to a table object but without persistence?

Coordinator
May 9, 2010 at 1:59 AM

At this time the views are not part of the IoC layer. This simply has not made it onto the radar yet, The IoC layer is somewhat of a not-fully-implemented concept right now. The tables work well enough but the custom views and stored procedures are not there. Also the IoC layer is having some major renovations performed on it right now. There will be some big changes over the next few months.

Jun 16, 2010 at 6:21 PM
codetools wrote:

At this time the views are not part of the IoC layer. This simply has not made it onto the radar yet, The IoC layer is somewhat of a not-fully-implemented concept right now. The tables work well enough but the custom views and stored procedures are not there. Also the IoC layer is having some major renovations performed on it right now. There will be some big changes over the next few months.

I'm in the middle of implementing IoC, when I discovered that my stored procedures weren't available in the DAL Proxy...

I'd like to cast my vote for this making it on the "radar".  It's a pretty big issue if the IOC doesn't implement all of the functionality - basically rendering it unusable for us.  We rely heavily on stored procedures to provide the complex views of data from our rather abstract model. 

Can you give some insight into what the "big changes" are?