version 3.6.0.162 does not create Search class in collection

May 17, 2010 at 12:56 PM
Edited May 17, 2010 at 1:00 PM
Bug:1 I am using 3.6.0.162 version and it does not create Search class in collection inside business object. say for example i have object user so under usercollectino there is no class called UserSearch. Bug:2 : Even i found other issue it create two method with same signature and parameter so it give compilation error in Extension project. ///// <summary> ///// Selects list of objects by Username ///// </summary> public static List<UserDTO> SelectByConstraintName(this UserDTO item, string username) { var proxy = ProxyFactory<UserDTO>.GetProxy(); IUserService service = (IUserService)proxy; return service.SelectByUsername(item, username); } ///// <summary> ///// Selects list of objects by EmailID ///// </summary> public static List<UserDTO> SelectByConstraintName(this UserDTO item, string emailid) { var proxy = ProxyFactory<UserDTO>.GetProxy(); IUserService service = (IUserService)proxy; return service.SelectByOcsname(item, emailid); } above both method has same signature with parameter of type string so it does not get compiled it says that same method exists. please help me out i am stuck here Thanks in advance, Jayesh
Coordinator
May 17, 2010 at 2:13 PM

Please open your model and at the root find the property "SupportLegacySearchObject" and set it to true. With LINQ there is no reason to use these search objects. They are vestigial products of the past. You can use them them by turning on this property. It is now defaulted to false (as you have found). All of that functionality can be turned on by resetting this property.