This project is read-only.

Missing Install Project CreateData.SQL Script

Sep 8, 2010 at 12:07 PM

In my model I have about fifteen tables that contain Static Data.  Most of these tables are marked Immutable and Type Tables. When I generate my model after selecting DAL and Install projects there is no "Create Scripts\Generated\CreateData.SQL" script for the static data.  When I create the database the tables that should contain static data are empty tables.

I have created a small test model with one table that contains static data and the appropriate CreateData.SQL script is created when the DAL and Install projects are generated.

Is there an optional setting to turn off the creation of static data somewhere that I may have inadvertently used but now cannot find?

Sep 8, 2010 at 1:29 PM

I do not know how this could happen. Please send your model to chrisd@nhydrate.org. I will determine what is happening.

Sep 9, 2010 at 12:14 AM

The static data in your "Key_Code_Master_Type" table is corrupt. I do not know how this happened but you can fix it but deleting the data and re-entering it or pasting it. However if you copy, clear and then re-paste you will be missing the first row since we skip the first row in the paste routine to allow for header columns. This will be changed in the next version as we have decided it is easier to paste the header row and delete it than pasting data and be missing the first row which you might very well not notice. So in summary, you need to re-enter your static data for this one table. It would probably be easier to copy, paste in Excel and then copy it from Excel with header row so you can paste it into the static data designer.

Sep 9, 2010 at 2:52 AM

Thank you.  I don't know what might have happened there as I simply typed the data into the UI grid.  My problem has been solved so once again thanks.