This project is read-only.

Installed but nothing works

Sep 29, 2010 at 12:15 PM

I've just installed the 2010 version of nHydrate - when I go to VS2010 after installation, the menu options appear for nHydrate but none of them do anything.

Also, if I follow the instructions in the Step By Step guide and create a *.WSGEN file, then I double-click on it, VS2010 hangs.

Also, I get this error in the event log:

System.MissingMethodException: Constructor on type 'System.Diagnostics.DefaultTraceListener' not found.   at Widgetsphere.Generator.Common.Util.ReflectionHelper.CreateInstance(Type type, Object[] args)   at Widgetsphere.Generator.Common.Logging.WSLog.CreateListener(String listenerName, String typeString, String initializationData)   at Widgetsphere.Generator.Common.Logging.WSLog.AddListener(String listenerName, String typeString, String initializationData)   at Widgetsphere.Generator.Common.Logging.WSLog.SetDefaults()   at Widgetsphere.Generator.Common.Logging.WSLog..ctor(String exeName)

It looks like an interesting product, but I can't do anything with it!

Any ideas?

Oct 1, 2010 at 4:48 AM

This sounds like a bad install.

Since you are receiving a MissingMethodException then you must have a missing or out of date dll. You have two options.

1. You can try to uninstall and re-install the product. Make sure you run the install project as an administrator.

or

2. Please identify that the list of dlls you find in the C:\Program Files\Widgetsphere\CodeTools or C:\Program Files (x86)\Widgetsphere\CodeTools (64 bit machine) directory matches the following list. Ensure the datetime values are from the same date.

Widgetsphere.Core.dll
Widgetsphere.EFCore.dll
Widgetsphere.Generator.Common.dll
Widgetsphere.Generator.DAL.dll
Widgetsphere.Generator.DALProxy.dll
Widgetsphere.Generator.DataService.dll
Widgetsphere.Generator.DataTransfer.dll
Widgetsphere.Generator.dll
Widgetsphere.Generator.EFDAL.dll
Widgetsphere.Generator.EFDAL.Interfaces.dll
Widgetsphere.Generator.EFDAL.Mocks.dll
Widgetsphere.Generator.Installer.dll
Widgetsphere.Generator.IOCExtensions.dll
Widgetsphere.Generator.MockProxy.dll
Widgetsphere.Generator.ServiceInterfaces.dll
Widgetsphere.Generator.WCFProxy.dll
Widgetsphere.Generator.WCFService.dll

Oct 1, 2010 at 9:02 AM

I have installed three times now, all in the last few days, with the 2010 version. I have never installed nHydrate prior to this. I am a local admin, so the installs always have the correct privileges.

After your message, I uninstalled and reinstalled the software.

The DLLs don't all have the same timestamp - all are 17 Sept 2010 19:41, apart from Widgetsphere.Generator.DAL.dll which is 17 Sept 2010 21:19, and Widgetsphere.Generator.EFDAL.dll and Widgetsphere.Generator.EFDAL.Interfaces.dll, which are 17 Sept 2010 21:22. All the DLLs show the same version number (3.6.0.177).

I'm pleased to say I have now been able to get into nHydrate by double-clicking on the WSGEN file - previously, this hung VS, but now it's gone into it.

However, I am still seeing this error in the error log - don't know if it's an issue or not:

System.MissingMethodException: Constructor on type 'System.Diagnostics.DefaultTraceListener' not found.   at Widgetsphere.Generator.Common.Util.ReflectionHelper.CreateInstance(Type type, Object[] args)   at Widgetsphere.Generator.Common.Logging.WSLog.CreateListener(String listenerName, String typeString, String initializationData)   at Widgetsphere.Generator.Common.Logging.WSLog.AddListener(String listenerName, String typeString, String initializationData)   at Widgetsphere.Generator.Common.Logging.WSLog.SetDefaults()   at Widgetsphere.Generator.Common.Logging.WSLog..ctor(String exeName)

Also, surely it would be better for the menu options in the Tools menu to give some feedback if there's no WSGEN file present, rather than simply doing nothing?

Oct 7, 2010 at 8:11 PM

I have worked on this area of code to attempt a fix for your issue. We will be coming out with a build on Sunday if you wish to try again. I am uncertain why this problem would occur with an appropriate install. But I felt I should attempt what I could to deal with the issue. Best of luck

Oct 18, 2010 at 8:13 AM

Thanks, I've got the latest build and am up and running now