Xml data type support

Nov 2, 2010 at 9:51 AM

I am trying to add a column of type Xml, and receive the following error:

Unsupported type 'Xml' for SQL Server type 'SQL2005'.

I get the same error if I try and use SQL Server 2008 as well, but SQL Server 2005 / 2008 both support the Xml data type.

Why does Xml appear in the list of data types if nHydrate can't support it?

Also, I get similar errors for quite a few of the data types at the end of the list.

Thanks

Coordinator
Nov 7, 2010 at 1:39 AM

This was an oversight for the XML. This functionality will be in the next release in a week or so. However there will be 3 types not supported for now: UDT, Structured, and Variant. These are part of the enumeration for SQL data types so they show up in the drop down, but we have no way currently of using them in the framework. There will be an update in a week or so.

Nov 8, 2010 at 2:07 PM

Thanks - looking forward to seeing that up and running

Nov 12, 2010 at 1:43 PM
codetools wrote:

This was an oversight for the XML. This functionality will be in the next release in a week or so. However there will be 3 types not supported for now: UDT, Structured, and Variant. These are part of the enumeration for SQL data types so they show up in the drop down, but we have no way currently of using them in the framework. There will be an update in a week or so.

Hi, just wondering if you have an expected live date yet for the XML data type support?

Thanks, Iain

Coordinator
Nov 16, 2010 at 3:35 AM

The latest version 181 has this fix in it.