WPF Questions

Nov 30, 2010 at 5:25 PM

Q1

I am looking at Windows Presentation Foundation and would be keen to use NHydrate to manage the database side. When the user opens a form to edit a record and the data from the collection is bound to the form fields then as each control is updated (for text boxes this would be when the textbox loses focus) the data is copied back into the collection item or that is what I believe happens. If the user then decides to cancel the edit form is there a way to revert the collection item to its previous values? Sort of a rollback but not database related. If not then presumably I have to throw away the current data and fetch it afresh.

Q2

WPF uses ObservableCollection type collections so that it can track changes to the values in the collection to keep the display in line with the data. Is there any plan for NHydrate to produce ObeservableCollection collections?

Thanks

Mark

Nov 30, 2010 at 7:24 PM

Afor2: Actually WPF can use collections that implement INotifyCollectionChanged, like ObservableCollection,

Dec 1, 2010 at 7:05 PM

reverand

Do the nhydrate collections implement the INotifyCollectionChanged interface then?

Coordinator
Dec 2, 2010 at 1:31 AM

This interface is not implemented it the current version. It is strictly 4.0 functionality and we generate 3.5 specific code. This is being researched and may be in a version soon. We are implementing generating code based on different framework versions.

Dec 2, 2010 at 4:53 PM

I will look forward to that.

Regarding question 1. Does Nhydrate keep an 'old' version of updated records that can be rolled back to?