This project is read-only.

Wrong Error "The connection information is invalid."

Jan 11, 2011 at 11:34 AM
Edited Jan 11, 2011 at 12:23 PM

Hello together,

I tried to import a SQL-schema from Dynamics CRM in a new solution with creating a crm.wsgen-file.
After every table seemed to be importet at 99%, the Import-Wizard brought an "The connection information is invalid.".
And nothing was saved. :-\

Pushing the Import-Button again raises the error instantly.

The database is SQL2005, the database-name and some tables have some underscores - an old error again ?

I'm using the version nHydrate install for VS 2010 from Jan 4.

Is this reproducable for anyone ?

Kind regards

Matthias

PS Details:

System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
Parameter name: index
   at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException()
   at System.Collections.Generic.List`1.get_Item(Int32 index)
   at Widgetsphere.Generator.Models.RelationCollection.get_Item(Int32 index)
   at Widgetsphere.Generator.Models.RelationCollection.Clear()
   at Widgetsphere.Generator.SqlSchemaToModel.GetProjectFromSqlSchema(WidgetsphereGeneratorProject project, Boolean refreshModel)
   at Widgetsphere.Generator.Forms.NewModelWizardForm.cmdImport_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)

Update:

the same happens with the 2008 version.

Error here is:

System.Exception: Item not found!
   at Widgetsphere.Generator.Models.ReferenceCollection.get_Item(String name)
   at Widgetsphere.Generator.SqlSchemaToModel.LoadRelations(WidgetsphereGeneratorProject project)
   at Widgetsphere.Generator.SqlSchemaToModel.GetProjectFromSqlSchema(WidgetsphereGeneratorProject project, Boolean refreshModel)
   at Widgetsphere.Generator.Forms.NewModelWizardForm.cmdImport_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)

Jan 20, 2011 at 1:44 AM

We do not have a CRM database to test this on. We have been advised that this is against the license agreement with Microsoft for CRM so we will not need to reproduce this issue on a standard database.

Jan 21, 2011 at 8:07 AM
Hello nhydrate-team,

this was first a generally test for me to see if the tool works.
Of course it is not supported from the crm-team to access the full database, but for some special views it is supported, i.e. for reporting issues. These views start with the name "filtered..." !
The import-process from nhydrate doesn't allow to get only some of the existing schema, so it grabs all of it.

So who ever advised you, is not correctly informed.

Of couse it is possible to you the stupid datareader or nhibernate to access these views, but nhydrate seemes to be the more elegant choice. In combination with Linq there should be fantastic query-possibilities.

So the question is not, if it supports Ms-CRM, but why there were errors in accessing the schema.
I think, other existing database schemas could also generate this error, and we are all interested in why.

Perhaps it is possible to make an selection option in the import-process, which tables/views you want to import ? and not the whole schema ?

Kind regards
Matthias

2011/1/20 codetools <notifications@codeplex.com>

We do not have a CRM database to test this on. We have been advised that this is against the license agreement with Microsoft for CRM so we will not need to reproduce this issue on a standard database.

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (nhydrate@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email nhydrate@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com

Jan 26, 2011 at 2:28 AM

I have been testing with a CRM database and did find some import issues. These will be addressed in the next release. There was a particularly interesting edge case that existed in the database to be imported. This is now handled and I have successfully imported the database. You will need to un-check box that determines if the import assumes inheritance as this will cause some validation errors (not run-time errors) after import. There are rules around determining if two tables form an inheritance relationship. This is not valid in the CRM database so just un-check it on the import form. You do not see the check box as it has been added and will be in the next version to the import screen. There should be a new version posted this week.