nHydrate EFDAL WPF Demo

Feb 11, 2011 at 11:25 PM

I've written a WPF app which uses nHydrate's EFDAL that may be of interest to others as a demo.

You can read about it at http://www.jumpforjoysoftware.com/dvdclipindexer. It uses a utility library collection that I've written, but you can access that through http://www.jumpforjoysoftware.com/dotnet_utilities.

Both the app and the library are available via svn as VS2010 solutions. The links are on the project pages.

Enjoy!

- Mark

Coordinator
Feb 15, 2011 at 2:21 AM

I did download and look at this and I must say good work. This is the whole point of code generation. You started with a solid generated foundation and then added your own code and utilities to build a custom framework. If you change your schema, you use nHydrate to track database changes and re-gen your Entity Framework while preserving stored procedure based CRUD operations that you did not have to write. Great!

Feb 15, 2011 at 2:35 AM

Glad you liked the demo. When I get a chance I'll write it up for CodeProject.

Let me know if you're ever interested in looking at incorporating the configuration/installation subsystem into the nHydrate installer routines. What the generator creates works just fine (and what I wrote needs more testing before I'd want to rely on it), but there are some useful aspects to the routines I wrote, too.

Feb 17, 2011 at 4:50 PM

Made even better now by the fact that the database selector wizards in the utility library actually work J. Sorry about that, I inadvertently introduced a breaking change in the v0.5 release. The good news is that the problem lead me to fix several other problems, too.

- Mark

"Too much sanity may be madness! But maddest of all -- to see life as it is and not as it should be."

Sent: Monday, February 14, 2011 7:21 PM
To: Mark A. Olbert
Subject: Re: nHydrate EFDAL WPF Demo [nhydrate:245710]

I did download and look at this and I must say good work. This is the whole point of code generation. You started with a solid generated foundation and then added your own code and utilities to build a custom framework. If you change your schema, you use nHydrate to track database changes and re-gen your Entity Framework while preserving stored procedure based CRUD operations that you did not have to write. Great!