This project is read-only.

Feb 14th Download Appears to Be Broken

Feb 16, 2011 at 1:11 AM
Edited Feb 16, 2011 at 4:55 AM

Actually, the download is fine. But when it's finished installing nHydrate, the core DLLs are not copied into the WidgetSphere directory. Which causes code generation to fail because the generator routines can't copy the DLLs from the WidgetSphere directory to the solution bin directory.

Can a revised/fixed installer be uploaded ASAP, please? Right now I am unable to do any nHydrate development. Or, if someone can point me to an archive of earlier MSI files I'll downrev for now.

I can send someone a screen shot of what the installation directory looks like after the installation is done if that would be helpful. Here's the contents in text form

c:\program files (x86)\Widgetsphere\CodeTools:

Documents (directory)
Template (directory)
AssemblyInfo.cs
ConvertCode.exe
GravityboxWizard.dll
ICSharpCode.SharpZipLib.dll
VSCodeTools2008.dll
Widgetsphere.Generator.Common.dll
Widgetsphere.Generator.dll
Widgetsphere.nHydrateStore.dll

It's a much sparser directory than it used to be :) 

Feb 16, 2011 at 12:43 PM

Please open the nHydrate Settings dialog from the menu and open the generatot library. From there you can download the generators and dependencies you need. This should be all you need to do.

Feb 16, 2011 at 3:38 PM

Okay, thanks. FWIW, I think some hints on using the new generator UI would be helpful. I had accessed it after my first installation attempt, but I only selected EFDAL, EFDAL.Interfaces and the installer. Those were obviously not enough to cause the core DLLs to be downloaded…but there was no report of an error until I generated the wsgen file, and I didn't see anything in the generator settings dialog box which indicated what I needed to download to get a working setup. Put another way, there are apparently some dependencies among the generator download selections that aren't obvious.

In fact, when I went back just now and followed your advice I still couldn't see which "packages" I had to download to get the core files. So I just installed everything. Which didn't take long, but if I have to do that why give me a choice in the first place ? J

- Mark

"Too much sanity may be madness! But maddest of all -- to see life as it is and not as it should be."

Feb 16, 2011 at 4:36 PM

You are correct. The EFCore was not in the package download. This has been fixed. This was a deployment error. You should not have to worry about these dependencies. It should just happen. They are all there now. Thanks so much.

Feb 16, 2011 at 4:44 PM

No worries, and thanks for fixing it so quickly.

And now back to figuring out how I cleverly introduced a breaking change into my library… sigh J.

- Mark

"Too much sanity may be madness! But maddest of all -- to see life as it is and not as it should be."

Feb 20, 2011 at 3:52 PM

A newer version downloads packages instead of individual generators now. Having 14+ generators is a bit confusing so we grouped them into 6 logical packages. The download process in not as confusing now.