This project is read-only.

Getting VS 2010 Item Templates To Work?

Feb 21, 2011 at 10:05 PM
Edited Feb 21, 2011 at 10:06 PM

So, I downloaded the latest VS 2010 download from here, installed it, and went to VS, created different types of projects (Console, Code Library / DLL, ASP.NET MVC) and in all of them I wasn't about to do New Item -> Model. simply because there was no NHydrate related template in the Add Item dialog. I checked different categories in there like Code, Data, General, etc but no luck.

Any idea what I might be missing?

BTW, if it makes any difference, I have 64 Bit Windows 7, and the program is installed under "C:\Program Files (x86)' (default 32 bit programs folder in Windows x64). I am able to locate the DLLs and .vsdir files and such. Probably need to copy those to some folder or so?

P.S.

Maybe I should have created this in issue tracker, but since no issues were there at all, I thought it's likely not used.

Feb 22, 2011 at 1:28 AM

Please look at this article on how to add a model to a Visual Studio.NET solution. 

http://nhydrate.codeplex.com/wikipage?title=Create%20a%20model

Please confirm that you have done this. It is a little confusing to get started. I hope this helps. Also the issue tracker is used but all issues are closed right now. You can view all issues but must have your settings set to view only open issues.

Feb 28, 2011 at 2:47 AM

Did you get everything worked out? Do you have any other issues or questions?

Jun 9, 2012 at 7:40 AM
Edited Jun 9, 2012 at 7:41 AM

Mohamed, may be you are seeking via New File (Ctrl+N).  The template is added via new Item (Ctrl+Shift+A).

Oct 30, 2012 at 4:07 PM

I am also having this problem. I just downloaded and installed nHydrate for Visual Studio 2010 but when I go to add a new project, or create a new project, there are no nHydrate templates in the new project dialog. I'm on Windows 7, using Visual Studio 2010 Professional.

Thanks in advance.

Dec 7, 2012 at 1:40 AM

We did find that on some machine the templates just were not refreshing in VS.NET. The new version released today addresses these issues. Please download  the latest version. This fix did correct it on the machines that had the problem in our tests. Please give me feedback as to whether it works for you.

Jan 13, 2013 at 2:49 PM

Hi all,

I had the same problem ... just to find out that I was trying to add a nHydrate item from a VB.NET project. As soon as I did it from a C# project, the nHydrate item template showed up.

Regards,

Alex

Jan 19, 2013 at 7:53 PM

This was an oversight. In the next version you will be able to add an nHydrate item to either project type.