nHydrate with PostgreSQL

May 7, 2011 at 9:45 AM

Hello,

I am new to nHydrate but I am amazed by the quality of the API it produces.

Are there any articles or guidelines on extending nHydrate in order to produce code for PostgreSQL as well? I understand that EF4 has providers for PostgreSQL, but I am confused about their database upgrade path (regarding updating the model and reflecting changes in the database). nHydrate seems capable of dealing with medium to large sized projects (the one I'm working on my spare time consists of 970 tables), but it's completely tied-up to Microsoft SQL Server (and Azure). SQL Server is a fine product, but it's not guaranteed the Express version will stay free forever (or available at all), therefor the need to be able to work with a true open-source database such as PostgreSQL.

Thank you very much in advance.

Coordinator
May 7, 2011 at 1:28 PM

I thank you for your comments. I am sorry to say that we only support SQL Server. This is a plugin for the Microsoft VS.NET product talking to the Microsoft SQL Server product. It is basically a Microsoft based product. I know that the procedures could probably be tweaked for another database platform but we just do not have time to support multiple platforms currently.