This project is read-only.

6/27/2011 Version Fails

Jun 28, 2011 at 2:44 AM

I downloaded and installed the latest version, and I am getting the following kinds of error messages:

Error 8 'JumpForJoySoftware.T2T.EFDAL.T2TEntities' does not implement interface member 'JumpForJoySoftware.T2T.EFDAL.IT2TContext.GetUnfoldedPermissions()'. 'JumpForJoySoftware.T2T.EFDAL.T2TEntities.GetUnfoldedPermissions()' cannot implement 'JumpForJoySoftware.T2T.EFDAL.IT2TContext.GetUnfoldedPermissions()' because it does not have the matching return type of 'System.Data.Objects.ObjectResult<JumpForJoySoftware.T2T.EFDAL.Entity.GetUnfoldedPermissions>'. E:\Programming\Trustee2Trustee\JumpForJoySoftware.T2T.EFDAL\T2TEntities.Generated.cs 217 23 JumpForJoySoftware.T2T.EFDAL

and

Error 9 'JumpForJoySoftware.T2T.EFDAL.T2TEntities' does not implement interface member 'JumpForJoySoftware.T2T.EFDAL.IT2TContext.GetForumPostings(int)'. 'JumpForJoySoftware.T2T.EFDAL.T2TEntities.GetForumPostings(int)' cannot implement 'JumpForJoySoftware.T2T.EFDAL.IT2TContext.GetForumPostings(int)' because it does not have the matching return type of 'System.Data.Objects.ObjectResult<JumpForJoySoftware.T2T.EFDAL.Entity.GetForumPostings>'. E:\Programming\Trustee2Trustee\JumpForJoySoftware.T2T.EFDAL\T2TEntities.Generated.cs 217 23 JumpForJoySoftware.T2T.EFDAL

(these first two errors relate to sprocs I defined in the schema, but I've never seen the error message before)

and

Error 13 The property or indexer 'JumpForJoySoftware.T2T.EFDAL.Entity.Alert.AddresseeID' cannot be used in this context because the set accessor is inaccessible E:\Programming\Trustee2Trustee\Trustee2TrusteeSite\repository\ForumRepository.cs 49 21 Trustee2TrusteeSite

(this is the set accessor error I reported which appeared in the 6/1/2011 build)

BTW, can someone clarify for me how I go about installing a new version? Specifically, what do I do about the copy of Widgetsphere.EFCore.dll that's in the solution bin directory? What I've been doing is uninstalling nHydrate, installing the latest version, and then manually copying over the new Widgetsphere.EFCore.dll from the C:\Program Files\WidgetSphere\CodeTools directory to the solution bin directory.

- Mark

Jun 28, 2011 at 4:47 PM

I did some more research on these new compile time errors.

The first set of new errors (new as in "they didn't exist prior to the 6/27 version") has to do with the generated implementation of sproc wrapper methods. Previously these were defined as, for example:

public ObjectResult<GetUnfoldedPermissions> GetUnfoldedPermissions()
		{
			var retval = base.ExecuteFunction<GetUnfoldedPermissions>("gen_GetUnfoldedPermissions").ToList();
			return retval;
		}

Now they're being generated as

public IEnumerable<GetUnfoldedPermissions> GetUnfoldedPermissions()
		{
			var retval = base.ExecuteFunction<GetUnfoldedPermissions>("gen_GetUnfoldedPermissions").ToList();
			return retval;
		}

The change being that instead of an ObjectResult<T>, the methods are returning IEnumerable<T>. I guess this isn't a big deal to fix in my app code, but I'm curious as to why the change was made.

The second set of errors (i.e., the apparently "unfixed" set accessor problems) was apparently due to some kind of cached output issue in VS2010. The newly-generated codebase did, in fact, make the set accessors public. But that wasn't being "seen" by the compiler. Doing a clean solution and Rebuild Solution fixed the problem.

Jun 29, 2011 at 6:41 AM

This is because you cannot defer execution on a SP so we made it the obvious. Once you call a SP it is materialized.