Version control and colaboration

Jul 31, 2012 at 1:11 AM

It is posible to edit a model colaboratively, I mean, in a source control with merge option fashion?  I noticed that upgrade scripts are sequential, and thus may be posible to have conflicts when updating .  Also: the version of the .info file may be get out of sync.

Coordinator
Aug 1, 2012 at 11:53 PM

At present the best way to do this is to set the ModelToDisk to true. This will create a folder structure to save the model instead of using the single "nhydrate" file. This goes along way to get rid of merge conflicts. Each entity, view, etc has its own file on disk. Now there is still a version number issue however your team just has to know to resolve the conflict ti the highest number. It is only one line that conflicts. When a conflict arises just resolve as highest number. As far as the conflicts in the upgrade scripts these should merge fine. most of the time it does not matter whose changes are first. If User1 and User2 gen and then check in, one will loose. The looser just merges his changes into the bottom of the file. We are working on a more elegant solution, but this is what we have right now.

Aug 2, 2012 at 8:35 PM

Thank you.  I supousse I can live with it.