This project is read-only.

SQL Server on Business Network and/or Azure

May 26, 2013 at 10:44 AM
Is it possible to generate the object model to connect to Azure and/or a SQL Instance on a business network.

Are present I have a working model against a local/business network SQL Server 2008 R2 instance. I wanted the option to connect my entity model to on the Azure platform in the cloud without regenerating or rewriting any code - just change the connection string.

I've not used Azure before and I am just exploring what options I have and what is possible.

Thanks,

Andez
Jun 11, 2013 at 2:49 AM
You will be able to connect to Azure using installer dialog in the next version. You will create an empty database in Azure and then use the create dialog table to "create" the database. There is a check box to turn off the actually create database script because in Azure it is already created. The rest of the scripts will run just like a create. Keep in mind that there are limitation in Azure, so you will have to test the install to make sure you are not using invalid SQL. Again, this will be in the next version. In the current version, there is a problem with the connection string built as well as some invalid system table syntax for Azure.