This project is read-only.

VB.Net Support

Feb 28, 2010 at 10:06 AM

I ask sorry from the hardcore C# programmers but still out there, Vb.Net programmers exist. Although the efforts of Microsoft partners and other websites showing examples only in C# we are still here :)

I am joking of course. Anyway browsing the internet i came up to this very interesting and promising framework called nHydrate and i would really like to use it. But....(there is always a but....) from the videos and the examples it gives me the idea that it doesn't support Vb.Net, meaning not generating VB.Net code. Is this correct?

I haven't downloaded yet the framework so i don't know if there is a surprise there for me but something is telling me that there is not.

So does it generate Vb.Net code?

Thank you.

Feb 28, 2010 at 3:35 PM

Why don't you study C#, I'm also a VB programmer, I know also C#. C# language is cool, coz' if you know C# theres a possibility that you can know Java, PHP etc. Coz' their just almost same syntax.

Feb 28, 2010 at 11:56 PM

As you can see from an other post i have already downloaded the framework and started testing it. As i thought, there was not any surprise for me, this are the bad news.

The good news now. I like it and i will try it.  :)

Mar 1, 2010 at 4:01 AM

You are correct that the generated code is only C#. However you can still use it of course. The code is C# but after you compile it, you can use it in your VB.NET projects. That said I have no LINQ examples to give you either. I also used to write VB and VB.NET and created the Gravitybox Schedule that is used in dozens of countries and translated into over 10 languages. I know you can produce good code with VB. However I have not used this framework with it and LINQ syntax is a little more convoluted in VB (in my opinion). Please try it anyway and post your VB samples in this forum.