This project is read-only.

Supported Databases?

Mar 14, 2010 at 6:19 PM

Hey guys, I didn't notice any explicit statement of supported databases.  So, what databases do you support?

Thanks,

Mar 14, 2010 at 7:06 PM

This is strictly a SQL Server backend product. Specifically the supported versions are 2005 and 2008. There are no plans to support any other databases at this time. This platform was designed with business applications running on Microsoft technology in mind. nHydrate is integrated into the VS.NET environment and generates C# code for use with a SQL Server database.

Mar 14, 2010 at 9:39 PM

Thanks for the reply.

Mar 19, 2010 at 11:51 PM

Hey,

This looks like a VERY impressive project!

In the same vein as hoser's question, is there any plan for future support of MS SQL Server CE?

While some smaller deployments would benefit from a 100% SQL Server CE scenario, I'm especially interested in an abstraction that allows the use of either MS product.  That way SQL Server or SQL Server CE could be used according to the deployment options.  Of course, SQL CE does not allow for stored procedures (a major plus for this project), so I assume such functionality isn't trivial.

I'd be interested in your thoughts.

Thank you

Mar 26, 2010 at 4:04 AM

At the moment there are no plans for a SQL CE template. The IoC pattern could be used to develop a light app for this client that talks to a server over the network but not talk to SQL CE right now.