NotSupportedException

May 24, 2010 at 6:24 PM

I am using dot net 4.0 and visual studio 2010. 

I keep getting a "NotSupportedException" was unhandled whenever I try to use a linq expression.  MyCollection.DeleteData( x => x.[Property] > 0).  What do i need to do to get this working?

May 26, 2010 at 2:16 PM

This is because .Net 4 does not support CAS security policy and various methods and attributes associated with CAS security are now marked obsolete.

I encountered this using UpdateData. The only work around I have found that works is to target .Net 3.5.

Jun 25, 2010 at 12:09 AM

We're building an ASP.Net MVC2 application which, afaik, must target .net 4.  The quick workaround for us is to download the WidgetSphere source and comment out to offending calls (there may be a better way)...

Is upgrading the core from CAS policy on the roadmap? And, should this be added to the Issue Tracker?

Offending class: \Source\Widgetsphere.Core\DataAccess\BusinessCollectionPersistableBase.cs

Coordinator
Jul 11, 2010 at 1:17 AM

This 4.0 issue will be resolved with tomorrow's release. Please download version 166 when it is released on Sunday July 11. There will also be an Entity Framework BETA data access layer included in the 2010 release.