This project is read-only.

Extende Generator Framework for DAL

Jun 15, 2010 at 1:27 AM

I've been able to follow your "Widgetsphere.GeneratorWalkthrough" sample for extending code generation for DTO objects, but I'm now intrested in customizing the generation of other code layers - particularly the DAL. The main problem seems to be that I'm not able to find proper namespace for the dependent generator that needs to be referenced in the attribute, "GeneratorItemAttribute". For example, in the source source code for "BusinessObjectExtenderGenerator" I see a reference to "DomainProjectGenerator", but I VS 2010 doesn't seem to be able to resolve the reference to that object even though I've included references to all the Widgetspehere.Generator namespaces. Is there additional documentation or code samples that I can use to describe how to customize the DAL and possibly the Proxy layers?

Jun 18, 2010 at 3:50 PM

You should start here. http://www.codeproject.com/KB/codegen/nHydrate-Extension.aspx.

The svn location for the code in this article is located here. https://nhydrate.svn.codeplex.com/svn/examples/GeneratorExtension

Once this has been done. I expect several more questions. Please keep posting

Aug 6, 2010 at 5:07 PM

Please  renew GeneratorExtension Example for VS 2010  ...  first post was correctly - there are no many elements:  Models, Table, BaseGenerator   in you old example. Please as soon as possible pay  your  attention to it. 

Aug 6, 2010 at 5:19 PM

Widgetsphere.GeneratorWalkthrough - from last  source  gave me next: 

Error    1    'Widgetsphere.Generator.DataTransfer.DataTransferObjectGeneratedGenerator' is inaccessible due to its protection level    c:\Projects\CSharp\Examples\Last\WebNHydrate\GeneratorExtension\Source\Widgetsphere.GeneratorWalkthrough\OverrideDTO\OverrideDTOGenerator.cs    19    61    Widgetsphere.GeneratorWalkthrough

Please  renew GeneratorExtension Example for VS 2010 !!!!  if you renew article  too it will be great!!!!!!

Aug 9, 2010 at 7:49 AM

there is an error in the last Generator Extension example in the  DTO Overriding Type

---  Error    5    The type or namespace name 'DataTransferObjectGeneratedGenerator' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)    c:\Projects\CSharp\Examples\Generators\GeneratorExtension\Source\Widgetsphere.GeneratorWalkthrough\OverrideDTO\OverrideDTOGenerator.cs    19    61    Widgetsphere.GeneratorWalkthrough

Aug 11, 2010 at 2:50 PM

This project has been updated in the following way.

• It is now a visual studio 2010 project. 
  • The latest generator dlls are checked into the project line.

Please let me know if you have more issues. I was unable to reproduce the error you described.

Aug 20, 2010 at 7:24 AM

Thanks  a lot guys for help.   

I d wan't to ask you about adding such feature  as third file for one  generating class.  I need third file to place there my generation model metadata. For example i need to generate xaml form control binded with the data item, then : 1file -   will be xaml file,  2file - is form control class,  3file - is my generator metadata to design control.

Can you add such feature to your Generator Walkthrough sample? or in another sample project ?

Yes/No  ... please tell about it as soon as possible.