DBSchema changes not in update script?

Aug 5, 2010 at 8:15 PM

I've noticed that the changes to the DBSchema setting are perfectly generated in the create script but unfortunately not in the update script.
Is this by design or can it be seen as an issue?

Thanks in advance.

Coordinator
Aug 5, 2010 at 9:27 PM

The create script should always reflect the current model state. Each generation should also create an upgrade script that reflects the changes since the last generation. Please provide an example if what happened as if there is an issue I would really like it to be corrected. Are you saying that the model differences were not rendered into the upgrade file? Just some? None? Was the upgrade script file empty? Can you provide a before an after "wsgen" file for me to work with? To start an explanation of what you did will do. That might be enough information for me. If you have any files to send to me privately please send them to chrisd@nhydrate.org.

Aug 6, 2010 at 6:16 AM

The situation is simple. The starting situation is a model and a database that is up to date with the model. You change the DBSchema setting of one entity and generate again. The result is a correct create script but the update script is empty.