This project is read-only.

Problem with Generate

Aug 24, 2010 at 2:58 AM

I had a model that was previously working, but throwing a null-reference exception on a re-import. I deleted everything from the .wsgen file to start clean, successfully imported the new model, updated all the model settings to what I had before, and verified it. When I run Generate, the dialog box appears to allow me to select what projects I want to have generated (I'm selecting the DAO and Install projects), but when I click "OK", the dialog box disappears and nothing happens. There's no error message or progress indicator - it just stops. Editing and verifying the model seem to have no issues. I really like what I've seen with nHydrate so far, but I really don't know where to go with this. I'm running it on Vista with Visual Studio 2010. Thanks!

Aug 24, 2010 at 8:01 PM

I figured it out: once I removed the .wsgen.info, .wsgen.lastgen and .wsgen.lastgen.bak files in the project directory, I was able to get the model to generate the code.

Aug 24, 2010 at 8:14 PM

I know it might be too late but if you could send the wsgen and lastgen file to me I might be able to figure out what is going on. chrisd@nhydrate.org.

Aug 24, 2010 at 11:16 PM

Thank you for responding, but both of those two files have been overwritten, unfortunately. I've been working with nHydrate for about two weeks now and I really like it. It seems well-designed and the code that it produces is clean and easy to use. I'll post more information either on the discussion board or in the issue tracker as other things come up. I'd like to be able to provide more feedback to help you refine the tool even more.

Aug 25, 2010 at 2:04 AM

You have chosen not to be contacted on Codeplex so I cannot send you a message. If you wish to communicate more readily please contact me.

Aug 25, 2010 at 1:35 PM

I've updated my Codeplex profile settings, and you're welcome to contact me directly if you like.