This project is read-only.

DAL - Build Error

Sep 1, 2010 at 5:42 AM
Edited Sep 1, 2010 at 6:45 AM

I have a table in my model that has a Char(36) primary key (AppPermissionId) and a self-referencing foreign key (OfAppPermissionId) that is also Char(36) and the relationship has a role name "Parent".  When I try and build the DAL project I get the following errors.

Error 66 'string' does not contain a definition for 'Value' and no extension method 'Value' accepting a first argument of type 'string' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) C:\Users\wp\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\ProjectName\CompanyName.ProjectName\Domain\Objects\DomainAppPermission.Generated.cs 332 73 CompanyName.ProjectName

The offending method is listed below.

public DomainAppPermission ParentAppPermissionItem
		{
			get
			{
				DomainAppPermission returnVal = null;
				if ((this.OfAppPermissionId != null))
				{
					returnVal = this.ParentCol.GetAppPermission(this.OfAppPermissionId.Value);
					if(returnVal == null)
					{
						CompanyName.ProjectName.Business.Objects.AppPermissionPrimaryKey primaryKey = new AppPermissionPrimaryKey(this.OfAppPermissionId.Value);
						List<AppPermissionPrimaryKey> list = new List<AppPermissionPrimaryKey>();
						list.Add(primaryKey);
						this.ParentCol.SubDomain.AddSelectCommand(new AppPermissionSelectByPks(list));
						this.ParentCol.SubDomain.RunSelectCommands();
						returnVal = this.ParentCol.GetAppPermission(this.OfAppPermissionId.Value);
					}
				}
				return returnVal;
			}
			set
			{
				this.OfAppPermissionId = value.OfAppPermissionId;
			}
		}

Sep 1, 2010 at 1:14 PM

Please send your model to chrisd@nhydrate.org

Sep 1, 2010 at 1:24 PM

Nevermind. This has been identified and will be fixed in the next version.

Sep 5, 2010 at 10:29 PM

Is a new release due soon? 

Sep 6, 2010 at 9:40 PM

Thank you.  nHydrate is without a doubt one of the most amazing gifts to MS developers anywhere and everywhere!  The database installer/updater alone would be awesome but combine it with the rest of the framework and all of its amazing features and it is remarkable!