This project is read-only.

is nHydrate an instant application generator?

Sep 2, 2010 at 11:37 AM

Hi There,

i'm comparing a few application generators. Think of solutions such as codecharge aspmaker or nconstruct. When i read all MDA stuff thats presented here, it makes me wonder: does nHydrate actually generate an entire application? I need a userinterface and classes etc that are based upon a sql server 2008 database without any coding.

Let me know,

Elger

Sep 2, 2010 at 1:09 PM

This is not a zero-code solutions. You can define and maintain a database, data access layer, mocks, and interfaces out of the box but there is no UI. Basically this system allows you to generate most or all of your backend so you can focus on the UI. However you can define a generator to do anything you wish. This is obviously more coding but in theory you can create a generator that plugs in to create UI. nHydrate is a shell that loads our pre-defined generators to create code. We do add more occasionally and you too so that your model then matches everything. However if you are looking to generate UI this is not for you out of the box.

Sep 2, 2010 at 1:13 PM

Thanks. Thats a very clear answer. I'm looking for a project that does all the gui and other grindwork. Its a difficult quest with many vendors delivering mediocre products. There are some good ones though, i hoped this was another good one but it has a different audience :) 

Thanks again and see you around.