Oct 5, 2010 at 7:23 PM
Edited Oct 5, 2010 at 7:25 PM
This sounds interesting. I am currently working on an application that has a very similar architecture.
In this application we basically did the following:
1. Created a metadata database that held information about the tables and columns etc... that users created.
2. Used the object model in the Widgetsphere.Generator.Models namespace. To create an XML File from the data in our metabase.
3. Then we hacked the GenerateAll method in Widgetsphere.Generator.Common.GeneratorFramework.GeneratorHelper class.
- Must remove all ENVDTE stuff.
- When files are generated need to write to disk instead of to the VS Environment
4. I wish there was a console way to perform this task. Currently there is not. Step 3 is by far the most difficult. Let me know what your level of dedication to nHydrate is. If it is high I will look at moving the request up the chain.