EFDAL Configuration Section

Oct 25, 2010 at 3:04 AM

What does the EFDAL Configuration Section suppose to look like ?   I am receiving this error message

The specified named connection is either not found in the configuration, not intended to be used with the EntityClient provider, or not valid.

Thanks

Oct 25, 2010 at 7:03 PM

Is your CN in the newer format for use with EF?  I had to experiment some to get this working myself, maybe this will be of some help or at least point you in the right direction, here's the ConnectionString I'm using with EFDal:

<add name="ProjectEntities" connectionString="metadat=res://Company.Project.EFDAL, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null/Company.Project.EFDAL.Project.csdl|res://Company.Project.EFDAL, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null/Company.Project.EFDAL.Project.ssdl|res://Company.Project.EFDAL, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null/Company.Project.EFDAL.Project.msl;provider=System.Data.SqlClient;provider connection string=&quot;Data Source=(local);Initial Catalog=Project;Integrated Security=True;Connection Timeout=60;multipleactiveresults=true;pooling=false&quot;" providerName="System.Data.EntityClient" />

Where "Company" is the Company Name you setup inside the nHydrate model and "Project" is the project name in the model.  So replace all instances of Project and Company above with your values. 

Coordinator
Oct 26, 2010 at 12:58 PM

This is correct. The connection string for EF is different and much more complicated than standard SQL strings. Please ensure that you are using this new format.

Oct 26, 2010 at 6:13 PM

Note: I just noticed some typos in my CN above (used a different system had to retype, couldn't cut and paste), 'metadat' should be 'metadata' and 'multipleactiveresults' should be 'multipleactiveresultsets'

Oct 27, 2010 at 1:05 AM

Thanks to all.