This project is read-only.

VS2010 hangs opening solution with .wsgen file open

Nov 12, 2010 at 2:22 PM

For the last couple of weeks, when I've been opening a solution which has a .wsgen file in it, and that file was open last time I was in the solution, VS2010 hangs opening it. The CPU runs to about 50%, and it never loads and needs killing.

When I restart VS2010 and reopen the solution, I get this message:

An error was encountered while opening associated documents the last time this solution was loaded. Document load is being skipped during this solution load in order to avoid that error.

If I then open the .wsgen file, all is well. Also, if I close the .wsgen file before closing the solution, again it's fine when I come back to it.

Any thoughts?

Nov 22, 2010 at 12:38 AM

Maybe this is model specific. I am just guessing. Could you send your model to chrisd@nhydrate.org? I could test this theory.

Nov 22, 2010 at 11:56 AM

Done - just emailed it now - thanks!

Nov 22, 2010 at 10:28 PM

I have tested this on 2 different machine and cannot reproduce this issue. I will have some other people look at it too. I created a blank solution and added this wsgen file as a solution item. I have closed VS with the file open and closed. Each time I reopen VS by double clicking on the solution file, the solutions loads fine. If open then ir is opened the next time and closed vice versa. I am sorry but I cannot see how to move forward with this issue at present. I will get a colleague to try this as well.