This project is read-only.

Upgrade Scripts Not Upgrading?

Dec 28, 2010 at 5:17 AM

I recently ran into a situation where I forgot that I had set a unique index on a field in a table which should not have been indexed. When I discovered the mistake, I updated the wsgen file, bumped the version #, re-generated the code, recompiled it, and re-ran the installer project, thinking this would take care of the problem.

It didn't. The errant index was still present in the database.

I went back and looked at the generated upgrade script, and it contained the following:

if exists (select * from dbo.sysindexes where name = 'IDX_DISC_CLIP_MENU_NUM')

DROP INDEX [IDX_DISC_CLIP_MENU_NUM] ON [disc_clip]

So it looks like the index should've been dropped.

Is there a step I missed in doing the upgrade?

- Mark

Dec 29, 2010 at 3:10 AM

Yes this has been confirmed that a unique constraint does not get removed in the generated script when you remove it from the model. Other types of constraints and indexes do not have this issue. This will be fixed in the next version.

Dec 29, 2010 at 3:18 AM

Thanks. BTW, is there an online list of open issues that I can consult? I'm not that familiar with CodePlex, so apologies if it's there.

- Mark

"Too much sanity may be madness! But maddest of all -- to see life as it is and not as it should be."

Dec 29, 2010 at 6:11 PM

Next to the "Discussion" button at the top of this page, there is an "Issue Tracker" button. This is a list of open issues. There are none open at this time. You can view all issues or only open issues in the interface.