Compiler Warnings

Jan 9, 2011 at 5:09 PM

When I compile my solution, which is in its infancy at the moment, VS2010 gives me a number of warnings

There are quite of few of this first type

Warning 1 Parameter 'pickId' has no matching param tag in the XML comment for 'Belmont.Main.Business.Audit.PickAudit.GetAuditRecords(int, int, System.DateTime?, System.DateTime?, int)' (but other parameters do) C:\Users\mark\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\Belmont\Belmont.Main\Business\Audit\PickAudit.Generated.cs 89 193 Belmont.Main

And a few of these

Warning 6 The variable 'ex' is declared but never used C:\Users\mark\documents\visual studio 2010\Projects\Belmont\Belmont.Main\Business\Audit\ProductAudit.Generated.cs 357 28 Belmont.Main

Which seem to be related to this code 

catch (System.Exception ex) { throw; }

All of this is from generated code. I am only generating the DAL and the Installer. There are only four tables and all are set for audit tables to be created.

Is this something I have missed doing or is it a bug?

Coordinator
Jan 10, 2011 at 12:44 AM

I have corrected the ones from the installer project and various other warnings as well. However there will be some warnings generated. These are warnings and not errors. For example the catch block is simply a exception catch that does not use the caught exception object. This is not really an issue. It simply generates a warning of an unused variable. There were a few XML documentation errors. This are simply an issue that some parameters were not documented in the XML comments. This has nothing to do with code. Again this is not really a serious issue. Just about all of these situations have been addressed and will be in the next version but there are some situations that will still generate warnings. There is no need to pay heed to the  warnings of the generated code. We will work on the last few edge case situations over time.

Coordinator
Jan 10, 2011 at 7:00 PM

On various different models we use for testing, we no longer see any compiler warnings for out most complex models. These new changes will be in the next version.