This project is read-only.

HI,i want to use Ado.net access data ,i don't use any orm tools,the how should i do?

Jan 21, 2011 at 9:38 AM

HI,i want to use Ado.net  access data ,

i don't use any orm tools,then how should i do?

Where there is example of this?

thks

Jan 22, 2011 at 2:07 PM

Please explain a little more in detail what you want to do. Are you asking how to get started with nHydrate? If so read the following article.

http://www.codeproject.com/KB/dotnet/NHydrateStep-by-Step.aspx

You just create a model as a solution item and either import a database into the model or open the model and start adding tables. Is this what you are trying to do use nHydrate with an ASP.NET application? 

Jan 22, 2011 at 4:51 PM

First, thanks for reply me

My question is,

I want to use the ado.net do data access,

do not want to use any ORM , because I'm afraid to have performance problem,

thank you

Jan 22, 2011 at 7:40 PM

I think this might be the wrong place to ask questions. nHydrate is an ORM framework. It manages data access, POCOs, data installs and upgrades, etc. Part of it is an ORM. If you do not wish to use an ORM then this might not be for you. In any case nHydrate is ADO.NET under the covers. If you looks at the generated code, it is just calling ADO.NET framework. You can write all of this yourself but I really doubt you will get any better performance. Look at the gen code to determine if you can write the access code any more efficiently. If you can let me know and we will integrate into the generator engine; however I really do not think there is much more optimization that can be done. Our access code is just a few lines of code. Let me know if you have any more questions.

Feb 28, 2011 at 4:06 AM

thank you!

i think nhydrate is good GEN tools,in particular the DDD model of the gen code!

so i think ,if nhydrate supply ado.net data access,and define some base interface to imp,that will be cool. 

then if i want to use EF 、NH、ado.net(no orm) ect. as DAL!

tks!