This project is read-only.

Cleaning Up Files and SProcs

Mar 16, 2011 at 6:53 PM

Changing a table name and regenerating/updating the database leaves behind source code files and sprocs that are no longer needed for the application. Would it be possible to add a feature which would let you automatically clean up these leftovers?

This isn't a big deal, just a "nice to have".

- Mark

Mar 16, 2011 at 8:45 PM

I know it would be nice, but we do not remove source code from a user's machine. I have the same thought sometimes. There are too many cases when the algorithm might delete source that it is not supposed to and that would not be nice. In any case this is not something that will be added anytime soon. If you change a table name you must remove the source code that was once associated with it.

Mar 16, 2011 at 9:28 PM

Have you considered something with a UI attached to it, which identifies potentially superfluous source code files and sprocs, but leaves it up to the user to decide what, if anything, to delete?

Mar 16, 2011 at 9:50 PM
Edited Mar 16, 2011 at 9:50 PM

isn't there an option , when generator finishes generation, a button on the form that shows potential files for deletion that user can

select and delete ?

Giannis

Mar 19, 2011 at 1:37 AM

Yes I know there are these options but this has just not been a priority. The Entity Framework extensions have been the priority for the last year.

Mar 19, 2011 at 5:20 AM

BTW, please don't take my suggestions as carping. I'm having a blast using nHydrate, even with the (very few and far between) things I have to work around. It's a great package!