Issue with VS 2008 & SQL Server 2008 - Unknown native SQL Type

Apr 20, 2011 at 12:34 PM

I am trying to generate a model with nHydrate on VS 2008 and a SQL 2008 database.
Right on the first step when I click on Import, it seems to be processing all the tables in the database but then throws an error saying

System.Exception: Unknonw native SQL type!
   at Widgetsphere.Generator.DatabaseHelper.GetSQLDataType(SqlNativeTypes nativeType)
   at Widgetsphere.Generator.SqlSchemaToModel.LoadStoredProcedures(WidgetsphereGeneratorProject project)
   at Widgetsphere.Generator.SqlSchemaToModel.GetProjectFromSqlSchema(WidgetsphereGeneratorProject project, Boolean refreshModel)
   at Widgetsphere.Generator.Forms.NewModelWizardForm.cmdImport_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)

Coordinator
Apr 23, 2011 at 6:01 PM

Thanks for your model. It helped. This will be fixed in the next version. This was an issue with the numeric SQL type not mapping to the C# decimal type. This is fixed.

Apr 25, 2011 at 12:58 PM

sure yw... and it was great to get such a prompt response. thanks for that.
I see the latest build has been updated on the SVN but how do I patch my nHydrate installation ?

Do I build the new code or simply copy the DLLs over to the installation directory?

I appreciate your time & help.

Apr 27, 2011 at 2:36 PM

Hello,

sorry to bug you with the previous query ...I have updated my nHydrate installation with the latest build but on importing the database entities I still am getting

System.Exception: Unknonw native SQL type!
   at Widgetsphere.Generator.DatabaseHelper.GetSQLDataType(SqlNativeTypes nativeType)
   at Widgetsphere.Generator.SqlSchemaToModel.LoadStoredProcedures(WidgetsphereGeneratorProject project)
   at Widgetsphere.Generator.SqlSchemaToModel.GetProjectFromSqlSchema(WidgetsphereGeneratorProject project, Boolean refreshModel)
   at Widgetsphere.Generator.Forms.NewModelWizardForm.cmdImport_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)

Coordinator
Apr 28, 2011 at 3:40 PM

Please open the settings dialog and then open the library dialog from there. There should be some items ready for updating. If so you can download them from there. If you still have issues go to your Program files 86 folder and open the Widgetsphere/codetools folder. Remove all Widgetsphere.Generator.*.dll files and then re-open VS.NET. When you open a model it shoudl realize you have no generators and prompt you to download some.

Do not remove the "Widgetsphere.Generator.dll" just the ones like "Widgetsphere.Generator.EFDAL.dll".

Apr 29, 2011 at 12:30 PM

works great now :)
thanks a lot