Cannot find/add generators

Apr 29, 2011 at 2:54 PM

I updated to the latest version 4.1.0.192 and went to generate my code.  I got a message that it could not find any generators (I had installed then all in the last version)

I went to the settings screen and while it tells me the correct version number, there is no option to see/install generators.  only my key and a check for updates button.

Any Ideas,

Steve

Coordinator
Apr 29, 2011 at 4:14 PM

Let me check this out. Please go to your PF/widgetsphere/codetools folder and remove all the "Widgetsphere.Generator.*.dll" files. This will ensure all your generators are gone. Then re-open VS.NET and download the ones you want. There is no need to remove "Widgetsphere.Generator.dll" just the ones with something in the middle of their name.

Apr 29, 2011 at 4:45 PM

After removing these files (including Widgetsphere.Generator.Common.dll)  but not Widgetsphere.Generator.dll  I get the following error when attempting to open my wsgen.

"The "Widgetsphere.VsCodeTools.VsCodeToolsPackage, VsCodeTools2008"  did not load correctly"

I can no longer open my wsgen in a the designer, it opens as XML, and I cannot open any of the nhydrate menu options to start downloading the generators.

The only thing that I can see is that I am running vs 2010, and have always downloaded the nhydrate2010.msi file but the error message references vsCodeTools2008.  I am not sure if this is a problem or not.

Steve

Apr 29, 2011 at 4:51 PM

After I encountered this error I figured I would run a repair.

After restarting Visual Studio all appears to be well again (happy).

I was able to regenerate my code.

Thanks for your help,

Steve