Re-Import Fails

Apr 29, 2011 at 8:00 PM

Hello,

I just made an issue (6540) regarding this issue.  Thought I would mention it here in this section as well in-case anyone had any ideas

I have made some fairly extensive changes to the design of the database (in SQL server)

When I go to Re-import the database definition, I get an error which I put a screenshot of in the issue I made. (this occurs after the import is complete and I have clicked OK in the window that explains the changes to the schema.

I have verified that I can create a brand new model importing the entire schema without incident.

When I attempt to import a 2nd time, it tells me the model is up to date.
When I then go to verify the model I get an additional error message (this time I can copy/paste, so here it is)
----------------------------------
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at Widgetsphere.Generator.Models.RelationCollection.FindByChildTable(Table table, Boolean includeHierarchy)
at Widgetsphere.Generator.Models.RelationCollection.FindByChildTable(Table table)
at Widgetsphere.Generator.Models.ColumnNode.Refresh()
at Widgetsphere.Generator.Common.GeneratorFramework.ModelObjectTreeNode..ctor(IWidgetsphereModelObjectController controller)
at Widgetsphere.Generator.Models.ColumnNode..ctor(ColumnController controller)
at Widgetsphere.Generator.Models.ColumnController.get_Node()
at Widgetsphere.Generator.Models.ColumnCollectionNode.AddColumnNode(Reference reference, Column column)
at Widgetsphere.Generator.Models.ColumnCollectionNode.Refresh()
at Widgetsphere.Generator.Common.GeneratorFramework.ModelObjectTreeNode..ctor(IWidgetsphereModelObjectController controller)
at Widgetsphere.Generator.Models.ColumnCollectionNode..ctor(ColumnCollectionController controller)
at Widgetsphere.Generator.Models.ColumnCollectionController.get_Node()
at Widgetsphere.Generator.Models.TableNode.Refresh()
at Widgetsphere.Generator.Models.TableNode..ctor(TableController controller)
at Widgetsphere.Generator.Models.TableController.get_Node()
at Widgetsphere.Generator.Models.TableCollectionNode.Refresh()
at Widgetsphere.Generator.Models.TableCollectionNode..ctor(TableCollectionController controller)
at Widgetsphere.Generator.Models.TableCollectionController.get_Node()
at Widgetsphere.Generator.Models.DatabaseNode.Refresh()
at Widgetsphere.Generator.Models.DatabaseNode..ctor(DatabaseController controller)
at Widgetsphere.Generator.Models.DatabaseController.get_Node()
at Widgetsphere.Generator.Models.ModelRootNode.Refresh()
at Widgetsphere.Generator.Models.ModelRootNode..ctor(ModelRootController controller)
at Widgetsphere.Generator.Models.ModelRootController.get_Node()
at Widgetsphere.Generator.Common.GeneratorFramework.BaseModelObjectController.Verify()
at Widgetsphere.Generator.Models.ModelRootController.Verify()
at Widgetsphere.Generator.Common.Forms.ModelTree.Verify()
------------------------------------
Let me know if you have any ideas.

Thanks,

Steve

Coordinator
Apr 29, 2011 at 9:59 PM

Would it be possible to send your existing the model and the new database schema to chrisd@nhydrate.org so I can re-import?

Coordinator
May 2, 2011 at 12:10 PM

I received your file and this re-import is working much better now. Please download the latest version and try again. Your model does assume one inheritance that is not right on import. Just remove the parent table and all is well. You will see when you import.

May 2, 2011 at 2:44 PM

I just wanted the thank you Chris, for the quick response and the speed at which you resolved this issue.

Great work!

Steve

Coordinator
May 2, 2011 at 10:46 PM

You are welcome.