This project is read-only.

Generation fills in version gaps.

Sep 30, 2011 at 3:47 PM

This might be tricky to explain;

nhydrate generation has primarily taken place on my workstation.  (version I last generated was 0.3.91)

yesterday my co-worker generated after making a change.  The version now reported by both the DAL and the database is [0.3.4]

I am now concerned about future generations, although we are not yet into production if she had altered a table instead of adding one we might have had bigger issues.

Ideas on what caused this and how to prevent it (short of, only generate from one machine)

Thanks in advance,

STeve

Sep 30, 2011 at 5:57 PM

Make sure you share the same "info" file. The file *.wsgen.info" keeps the last version generated and if it is missing it starts at 1 again. The other guy must have a different file. Please confirm and let me know.

Sep 30, 2011 at 8:34 PM

That was exactly the issue.  I added my info file to source control and had her regenerate.  After careful modification of the database version (to set it back to 0.3.91) everything went off without a hitch.

Thanks for the help, we are now running with an internal DAL version of 0.3.92!

Steve

Oct 1, 2011 at 1:17 PM

You have your contact profile turned off so I will post this here in hopes you may find it useful. There is a new beta visual modeler. Please see it here: http://nhydrate.codeplex.com/wikipage?title=Visual%20Modeler. If you try it, please give me some feedback on how you use it and if there are things you would like to see changed.

Oct 4, 2011 at 5:06 PM

The only thing I would question is why she was able to install version 0.3.4 against a database whose version is 0.3.91.  That concerns me a little.

Steve

Oct 4, 2011 at 5:07 PM

I will check out the new modeler (prolly not until next week) and let you know!

Keep up the good work.

Steve

Oct 7, 2011 at 1:49 AM

I am sorry about the upgrade. When your colleague upgraded, no scripts were run as it does look at the versions of the upgrade scripts and her version was less than the database version so nothing happened. However it did update the database version to her (wrong) version. This will be fixed in the next version. The database will not update to a version less than it is already.

Oct 11, 2011 at 3:59 PM

Awesome,  thanx for the info and peace of mind.