Newest Visual Modeler NHDAL

Mar 14, 2012 at 6:04 PM

Hi there,

From my understanding, I haven't had a chance to install the latest version yet, support for the NHDAL has been dropped and removed from the generator.  Will this be a permanent thing, or is it temporary and support re-appear later?

I now have a project in production that uses the NHDAL, will I need to uninstall and re-install nhydrate as I move from newer (EFDAL) projects to the legacy NHDAL one?

I am just curious were I sit.  I'm sure once I get through this current push, I will be able to investigate more thoroughly for myself.  For now, if someone can ensure me that my life won't become a nightmare that would be awesome!

Thanks,

Steve

Coordinator
Mar 15, 2012 at 12:19 AM

There are no plans to pull the exiting NHDAL into the new visual modeler. The old modeler  will continue to work of course. You will just need to use it to re-gen. I think you might be able to install both on the same box now. I have not tested this yet, but the new modeler just sits in the extension folder so it should not interfere. We are focusing on Entity Framework and adding advanced features down this line.