problem running the install project

Apr 4, 2012 at 7:21 AM

Hello,

Following the instructions on the ''getting started'' guide i am at the point to run the database installer project.

I have correctly added the file ACME.MovieTest.Install.dll in the command line but when i go to -> Debug-StartNew Instance it 

starts the InstallUtil.exe and closes in a flash. It does not show the nhydrate dialog to install database. Any ideas whats the problem or where to look?
Thanks

Coordinator
Apr 5, 2012 at 3:16 PM

For some reason InstallUtil.exe is not calling the ACME.MovieTest.Install.dll. You should try to run it directly from a .net command prompt in the debug folder. In this way you will see the error message that InstallUtil displays prior to shutting down. If you still have problems, paste the error you get when running InstallUtil.exe to this post.

Apr 6, 2012 at 10:07 AM

ok, found it. 

I used the path 

C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\InstallUtil.exe

but it needs to be :

C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\InstallUtil.exe.

Need to update the ''getting started'' guide.

Thanks 

Coordinator
Apr 8, 2012 at 3:22 AM

When I look in the Getting Started Guide I see no path like that defined. Was this in the document by that name in the 5.0 installation or somewhere else?

Apr 8, 2012 at 8:23 AM
Edited Apr 8, 2012 at 8:23 AM

i was referring to the ''getting started'' guide found here :

http://nhydrate.codeplex.com/wikipage?title=Visual%20Modeler&referringTitle=Home (page 11)

Coordinator
Apr 10, 2012 at 1:23 AM

The installer project now emits as a 4.0 project. So of course the InstallUtil must be 4.0. This has been corrected. Thanks.