Type name does not exist.

Nov 15, 2012 at 10:19 AM

I have this error recently. Even though I start projects from scratch. Is there something wrong with my visual studio configuration?

This photo here shows the error. The diagram was started from scratch. It verified correctly. Then built the project files without errors. Only problem is when i build the entity project.

 I think there is something wrong with the references. Can you give me some clue as to what might be happening here?

Coordinator
Nov 27, 2012 at 2:01 AM

I cannot see anything obvious. I would like to look at your full project if that is OK with you. You can send it to chrisd@nhydrate.org.

It looks like the EFDAL project is confused somehow with the project you have named Pawnshop.Core. I so not know why. I have generated a model like this with no issue. I thought maybe Core was being confused with System.Core but that is not the case. I cannot see the reference of the EFDAL project. I assume you have made no changes so I do no know what could be wrong. Exclude the "Pawnshop.Core" project to determine if the generated project will compile as the only two projects in the solution. If they do then there is some confusion with the name of Pawnshop.Core.

Nov 29, 2012 at 2:34 AM
Edited Nov 29, 2012 at 2:35 AM

 

It seems I was able to consistently recreate this problem in my machine when I do the following. 


1. Import an already existing MySQL database. In my case, is this dump.

2. Generate the libraries associated. Build will be ok.
3. Remove all the generated projects from the solution.
4. Delete the removed projects using Windows Explorer.
5. Generate the libraries again.
6. Rebuild the generated libraries. Build will be bad.

I tried deleting the nhydrate model generated files leaving only the design file. To see if the designer model generated files were causing problems. Still the second generation build fails for me if a prior generated project was removed and deleted from the solution.
I removed the generated projects from the solutions because there were spelling errors with my classes. After replacing/correcting all errors, and regeneration of designer model, it seems the old classes remains. I thought it would be cleaner if I only have the new ones.

Also I would like to request a feature that changes the underscore_all_lowcaps mysql table naming convention to PascalCase for MySQL DB import just like Teleriks Open Access ORM. It seems my classes still copy the table naming convention from mysql which has underscores.

I have sent you an email containing a Solution collection which has gone through this process. Perhaps a comparison of the critical component/files with a clean working project will give us a hint what is causing the problem. Also this could be Visual Studio 2010 limitation.