This project is read-only.

Data Service (Metadata file could not be found)

Nov 24, 2009 at 10:15 AM

Hi, I just browsing codeplex and then I found nHydrate I guess this could be a great tool for me as a developer.

I download the installer, after that I try to create a model from Northwind just like the sample, everything works fine.

I try to run the data services (REST) but after I click the Customer List from the Northwind Sample code it shows me an error notification : Metadata file *.dll could not be found

am I missing something here?

CustomerCollection dalList = null;
            if (string.IsNullOrEmpty(linq))
            {
                dalList = CustomerCollection.RunSelect(x => true, paging);
            }
            else
            {
                MethodInfo method = LINQDynamicCompile.GetMethod(linq, "ACME.Northwind.Business", "Customer");   <----- Here's the error
                dalList = (CustomerCollection)method.Invoke(null, new object[] { paging });
            }

and here's the error message :

'The system cannot find the path specified. '
Metadata file 'ACME.Northwind.dll' could not be found
Metadata file 'Widgetsphere.Core.dll' could not be found

thx.

Nov 27, 2009 at 2:55 AM

try to check your references. 

your dal and the widgetsphere dll..

add them as reference in your project. 

Nov 30, 2009 at 1:33 PM

There is now a published version with the Delete function for REST. The Inversion of Control projects are also part of the new framework.

Feb 2, 2010 at 9:56 PM

Hi,

I have the same error saying:
----------------------------

Error Compiling Expression: Invalid search path 'I:bla bla bla\Core.User.DataService\bin' specified in 'LIB option'

--The system cannot find the path specified.'

Metadata file 'Core.User.dll' could not be found

----------------------------------

The origin of this exception seems to be the exact same line as the above writer mension:

System.Reflection.MethodInfo method = LinqDydamicCompile.GetLINQMethodPaged(linq, "Core.User.Business", "Coreuser");

The row is in the DALProxy project of the solution.
Is this a known issue?

/Patrik

Feb 3, 2010 at 4:21 AM

This is not a known issue. 

I was checking the northwind example. It is a little behind the latest framework. This may be part of the issue as the Widgetsphere.Core.dll has changed. However, this line of code has not changed. I have regerated the project with the latest.

This has been checkedin at the following location.   https://nhydrate.svn.codeplex.com/svn/examples/NorthindSample

Please get the latest and test again. If you are still having issues we will probably need to do a webex to get to the bottom of the problem

Feb 3, 2010 at 1:39 PM

Hi,

I get the same exception with the NorthwindSample.
I set ACME.Northwind.Dataservice as startup project.
Run the project and select, for example, Category List.
Now, on line 156 in Category.Generated.cs: System.Reflection.<font size="2">

</font>

MethodInfo method = LINQDynamicCompile.GetLINQMethodPaged(linq, "ACME.Northwind.Business", "Category");
an exception is thrown:
Error Compiling Expression: Error Compiling Expression: Invalid search path 'I:\Documents%20and%20Settings\Patrik\My%20Documents\Visual%20Studio%202008\Projects\nHydrateNorthwind\ACME.Northwind.DataService\bin' specified in '/LIB option' -- 'The system cannot find the path specified. '
Metadata file 'ACME.Northwind.dll' could not be found

Can you, please, verify that this exception is not raised in your environment?

/Patrik

Feb 3, 2010 at 3:37 PM

Does the following path exist on your machine.

I:\Documents%20and%20Settings\Patrik\My%20Documents\Visual%20Studio%202008\Projects\nHydrateNorthwind\ACME.Northwind.DataService\bin

If so can you tell me what dlls are in that folder.

Feb 3, 2010 at 5:49 PM

The dll files located in folder
I:\Documents and Settings\Patrik\My Documents\Visual Studio 2008\Projects\nHydrateNorthwind\ACME.Northwind.DataService\bin
are:
ACME.Northwind.DALProxy.dll
ACME.Northwind.DataService.dll
ACME.Northwind.DataTransfer.dll
ACME.Northwind.dll
ACME.Northwind.Service.Interfaces.dll
ICSharpCode.SharpZipLib.dll
Microsoft.ServiceModel.Web.dll
Widgetsphere.Core.dll

/Patrik

Feb 4, 2010 at 1:58 AM

Ok. This is correct.

Is there a way you could email me at msktenn@gmail.com.  I would like to see if we can do a online support session. I am very curious why this is happening as I have never seen it before. 

/Mike

Feb 9, 2010 at 5:04 PM

This issues is due to a file path with spaces or special characters in it. We are making a fix and it will be pushed out with the next version.

If anyone runs into this issue just moved the solution to another path, without spaces, and it works fine.

Apr 3, 2010 at 12:56 PM

I am getting the same error and I have latest version i do not have space in my project path

System.Exception was unhandled
  Message="Error Compiling Expression: Error Compiling Expression: Metadata file 'System.Core.dll' could not be found\n"
  Source="Widgetsphere.Core"

Thanks in advance

May 9, 2010 at 12:19 PM
Edited May 9, 2010 at 3:22 PM

Hi,

I am great fan of nHydrate and for last few days i am facing following issue   Message="Error Compiling Expression: Error Compiling Expression: Metadata file 'System.Core.dll' could not be found\n"
  Source="Widgetsphere.Core"

This error occurs in LINQDynamicCompile.GetLINQMethodPaged

I can not fix it and stuck here. my project is on deadline please help me out. I will be thankful to you

I have tried with 158 version as well as 160 version

early help would be appriciated

Thanks in advance,

Jayesh

May 9, 2010 at 2:16 PM
I will be available for a webex today if you want to go through it on your p.c. Please email me a msktenn@gmail.com we will get it solved. Best Regards, Michael Knight