Can't import a database which has over 1500 tables

Jan 6, 2010 at 1:59 AM

I cann't import a database which has 1633 tables.

the tool in VS doesn't give any error but just keep working for a long time and devenv.exe take all the CPU time.

While if I change the connection to another small database which just have several tables, that's done very quickey.

Any one could help me?

Jan 6, 2010 at 2:09 AM
Edited Jan 6, 2010 at 2:13 AM

Oh, it's finished. Took about 30minutes and the devenv.exe consumed 900MB memory.

And I am suffering picking the tables I want. The check list box doesn't support deselect all or multiple selection. 

Now I have to make another same structure database which just have only tables I want so that it would take much less time.

Hope nHydrate will improve this

Coordinator
Jan 6, 2010 at 4:16 PM
Edited Jan 6, 2010 at 4:16 PM

This is a good observation. We are working on a new plug in that allows you to break your database into modules and generate each into its own assembly. However for now you must use what is there. We are optimizing this import routine and it should be released this week. I have tested these optimizations on a 4+ year old machine running XP and I can load a 1400 table database in 6 minutes and the memory of VS.NET never went over 230MB. This is great improvement as you see. There will be more to come later in the week so please hold on. The next version will also have the select all/none that you mentioned.

Coordinator
Jan 11, 2010 at 3:35 AM

The new version is posted and you can import faster with a smaller memory footprint; however you will not be able to generate 1500 tables. This will have to wait until modules are complete. There is no timeline for this right now. However you can import a model faster and remove tables (I think this is what you were trying to do anyway). The select all/un-select all is working now from the wizard screen.